Sunday, June 17, 2012

Play Doh

Play Doh a
 
If your kids are anything like my two, as soon as you even look towards your kitchen, they are there right by your side, like vultures, ready to pounce on the pantry or refrigerator. Lauren and Caleb like to eat. They like to eat, all the time.  And, if they are not eating, they want to help me with whatever I am doing in the kitchen.. in hopes of profiting some food on the side. 


Although, I have a closet full of play-dough, I thought it would be fun for the kids to make their own. My kids jumped on this chance of "helping me in the kitchen," and the only part I helped them with was kneading their play doh until it was soft. I have the cutest "Candy Play Doh" recipe from my friend, Kerri, that is in the Nursery Council Cookbook (coughcough Shameless plug for the Nursery Council at UUMC and our fundraiser. Support. coughcough,) but opted to make the salty, flour kind in hopes that Caleb would not eat it. He tasted it. A few times. GAG! This kid puts almost anything in his mouth, something that we will probably be working on for a long time.

The recipe I used was simple and from ehow.com:
1 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Salt
1/3 Cup Water
1 tsp Vegetable Oil
Food coloring


1. Combine Flour, Salt, Oil and Gently mix
2. Add Water, slowly                                   
3. Knead until soft                                        
4. Add Food Coloring of Choice                  


            Aren't they just the cutest, and messiest little things you've ever seen?



We  The kids had a great time making play doh, and it was pure entertainment for almost three hours.  As a Mom, I'll take it, no questions asked. Three hours of playing nicely is an equivalent to gold to parents of young children. Can I get an AMEN?


And there you have it, another fun adventure completed, and another one on the horizon. 




Sit back, relax, let go and have fun.
Jesus loves you.
 
 


No comments: