Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I had these 'thoughts' built up in my mind on what I wanted to write on this bloggy-blog about.

Then, life happened.

I forgot, the majority of the things, and well, talking about my kids only goes so far.



But, don't you just want to squeeze him? Seriously?!?

Yesterday, I downloaded my first e-book to my i-touch. "I Will Carry You" by Angie Smith. I finished it earlier tonight, and loved it. No words to describe it, just yet. Afterwards, I went and squeezed this little one below a little tighter.


Plus, did you notice her super-cute new haircut. She calls it the "Princess Tiana."

Oh, did I tell you that she actually 'played' in her last soccer game? Yep, some good old fashioned bribery, and her Daddy being on the field with her did the trick. I told her she could pick where we got to eat lunch, and then I might of influenced her decision by reminding her that she loves Chili's chips and queso. Guess where we ate for lunch.

Caleb turns 10 months tomorrow. I can't believe it. Wasn't I just in the hospital delivering yesterday? These 10 months have flown by, and it, ahem, sort of makes me sad. He is still only army crawling, but I think he is about to be able to sit up on his own. He has 5 teeth, eats anything and everything that touches his hands, and loves his sister. His new favorite thing is mimicking Mark or I, and he gets so giggly when we praise him. He can say "mamamama," and do 'clicks' on demand. He is pretty darn stinking cute when he watches you click with your mouth and then follows. I also love love love the way he will move his head and body to find something or someone that has caught his interest. My sweet boy is growing too fast.

As for me, I have been getting into a few books lately, and have enjoyed reading when I have quiet time. (which hardly ever happens before 8pm.) I am reading the Circle Series by Ted Dekker, and also 'The Power of a Praying Parent' by Stormie Omartian.

The Circle Series is not my favorite, honestly, and I am only on book one, 'Black'. I am going to finish it, and then try and get the new book, 'Plan B.'

And, I am reading 'The Power of a Praying Parent' with a group of moms that I meet up with on Wednesday mornings for playdates. So far, this book has been eye-opening in my prayer life for my children. We are only on chapters 5 and 6, but we have had some good discussion about intercessory prayer for not only our children, but also in our marriages. Funny how it all works together. God has given me the gift of Lauren and Caleb, so I will pray for them, present and future... through hardships now and down the road, for not only love and acceptance, but compassion and a heart that will follow after His Will (even when they are stinkers.)

1 comment:

katy said...

Love your sweet pictures and stories! I JUST (as in a few minutes ago) finished reading The Table Experience by Devi Titus. You should read it. Awesome! She also has a *fantastic* coffe table book (but it's more of a workbook) called The Home Experience: Making Your Home a Sactuary of Love and A Haven of Peace. It would be awesome for your mom's group!