Monday, July 2, 2012

VBS

It. Is. Finished.  VBS for the Summer 2012 has come and gone.




I didn't realize how tired I was from VBS until Friday afternoon when I took a 3 hour nap and then slept until 9am the following morning.  Mark was at JAM camp, so it was just the three of us getting up every morning and heading up to the Church.  I was tired, but it was worth it.  The kids had a great time all week in their separate classes and at one point when Caleb got hurt, he cried to go back to his class.  In order for Caleb to participate this year, I needed to volunteer, so I helped my fun friend, Kerri, in Preschool Music. And let me tell you, those kids are so stinkin' cute when they are singing for Jesus.  Along with Kerri, and our other friend, Bethany, we had some fantastic youth helpers. I love how our Church gets all ages involved: Even though VBS is for K-5th graders, all the youth are encouraged to help out, and they are plugged in.  We kinda think they are in it for the snacks, but hey, can you blame them?  :) 

On more than one occassion, the kids and I stopped by Chick-Fil-A for lunch.. with our matching shirts. We were the cutest little family you ever saw.  On the first day, while we were standing in line, Lauren put her arm around Caleb and he laid his head on her chest!  I almost died while trying to pull my phone out to take a picture. I wasn't fast enough.  Boo.  Caleb saw a sweet lady smiling at him, and quickly scowled.. he is definitely in his "don't look at me" phase, which has been challenging because he makes the not-nicest faces at people, and I come behind him apologizing. 

We also made a run to Boerne to meet up with my friend Margaret and her four boys to feed the ducks and eat a sno cone. The geese were vicious this day, so we quickly threw our bread down, and posed for a picture for Margaret and I.  Sweet Lauren is outnumbered, but she didn't mind because she LOVES sno cones.



Sit back, relax, let go and have fun.
Jesus loves you

No comments: